Summer is in full swing. The sun is out, flowers are in bloom, and fresh produce is in season. What could be better? Nothing says “summer” like a Harry & David Honey Mango! These juicy, ripe gems are the star of the season. They’re buttery and sweet, and the perfect fruit to add variety to your summer cooking.
Mangoes have always been great additions to salads, stir fries, salsas, and smoothies, and now they make for a sweet dessert! These mango coconut cookie bars are dreamy, and they won’t make you break a sweat. With just a few simple steps, they will be ready for an appearance on your picnic table.
Simply purée a honey mango with some orange marmalade, eggs, sugar, and lemon zest. (Check out this video for the easiest ways to cut a mango.) Pour the mixture over a cookie crust, bake, and voilà! You have a beautiful, mango dessert that everyone will love. And not an ounce of sweat was dropped.
Mango Coconut Cookie Bars
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (divided)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter (diced)
- 1 Harry & David Honey Mango (peeled and chopped)
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Spray a 13-inch-by-9-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a food processor, add the macadamia nuts. Process until finely chopped. Next, add 2 cups all-purpose flour, powdered sugar, and kosher salt. Process until blended.
- Add the cold, cubed butter and pulse the mixture until crumbly.
- Take the mixture and press it into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
- Wipe your food processor clean. Next, add the mango and orange marmalade. Process until smooth.
- Add the granulated sugar and 1/4 cup all-purpose flour. Pulse until combined. Add the eggs and lemon zest, and process until everything is well combined.
- Pour the mixture on top of the prepared crust. Sprinkle the mango mixture with shredded coconut.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely before slicing into bars.